Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Flower Painting

We bought a small 2 bedroom apartment 2 years ago and have not had time to decorate it. All in all, we bought an area carpet and a new couch for the living room, and new bathroom and kitchen faucets. The rest of the time goes to doing housework and daily activities.
I have decided to deplete my current stash of canvas bought from a store called Opus from a sale years ago. This painting is for the dining area, we wanted some colors in our very beige apartment so I came up with some bright flowers, round shaped to echo the circle patterns on the living room carpet and the runner by the balcony doors. It was completed in a short 2 hours, I was surprised at the time I took to complete it. A real joy to create and the style is also something new. I've gone free-style as inspired by all the 'loose' illustrative styles out there. Size is 18" x 24".

No comments:

Post a Comment