Saturday, August 8, 2009

Maplewood Flats Conservation Area

Last week, Vancouver broke its own record for the highest temperature 2 days in a row. Thankfully the weather has since cooled off. We decided to take advantage of the milder weather to visit the Maplewood Conservation Area. We came to know this park through a colleague who mentioned she liked its shaded trails amongst the trees and the numerous siting of birds and wildlife. We like the area for the same reasons though today I was noticing the little bits of colors that surrounded us.
I also noticed the little bulges on the branches which turned out to be snails! I don't think I've ever seen them on trees but they seem to choose the ones with smoother trunks and some had climbed to great heights.

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing little bits of Canada in your photos.

    ReplyDelete