Monday, August 31, 2009

Shapes

Hello Monday! It has been a busy weekend for me, painting baseboard heaters in our apartment and paintings for our living room! The heater painting project is still ongoing, 3 more to go with lots of sanding to get rid of the old paint and 2 coats of oil based paint with 5 hours of drying time in between. Bleh! My head is full of fumes. But thankfully the paintings for the living room are finished. Yay! Please see below my completed effort, we spent yesterday afternoon hanging them up.

We have high ceilings in our apartment so I thought it would be nice to fill the space with something simple that complements the colors in our space. I enjoyed the process and the final result of my last project (I did 3 little ones click here to read more) and wanted to continue exploring in that direction. More shapes were drawn in the sketchbook and a compilation of all the ones that interests me is the result of this project. I originally thought one long piece would do the trick but later decided 2 separate ones of different sizes would look more interesting. The paintings are done on 1.5" thick canvas, size is 18" x 24" and 18" x 36".

Other projects already in our living room are Landscape Pair and Cushion Project.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, just wanted to stop by and say thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog. So glad you did - your paintings are beautiful, you have a wonderful way with colour. Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colours. Serene and alive. You are very talented, Novi. Looks like a pretty good summer to me. IP f u n n y :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Your whole house must be so beautiful with all your art works.

    ReplyDelete