Thursday, February 11, 2010

Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Torch Relay

I am sharing some local excitement with you today, yesterday we caught part of the Olympic Torch Relay in North Vancouver! Click on the picture and a new window will pop up, press play to see.

At 1:00 of the video, you can see the white van where the runners are kept warm and dry for the torch journey. At 1:30 there is a girl holding an unlit olympic torch so people can take pictures and touch the torch. There is also a patriotic spirit that was the highlight for the crowd, you'll see him at 2:30.

I hope you enjoy this mini show. Thank you David for shooting the video!
Today also marks the first anniversary of Novi On The Go! I found out about blogging just over a year ago and decided to start my own. It's been great fun!

2 comments:

  1. I thought you might be in olympic spirit over there :) It must be so exciting to have the olympics where you live!

    Happy blog anniversary! I'm glad I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jutta: When I saw the opening ceremony and the faces of the crowd, I felt so proud to be Canadian and that Vancouver is welcoming the world for the Olympics. :) I'm glad I found your blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete