Monday, February 1, 2010

Winter Farmers Market

We visited the Winter Farmers Market on Saturday. I was so excited I got up at 7:30 without the alarm, very unlikely for me who loves to sleep in on weekends. We were warned to be early and got there just after they opened but already the place was packed. We came home with apples, oyster mushrooms, a squash and some pork.

(Update Feb 2nd: see what I made with the oyster mushrooms by clicking here.
Update Feb 11th: I made a simple squash soup, click here to see.)

This is our first visit to this market, I think we'll return in 2 weeks, I wonder what we'll find then.
The rest of the day was spent cleaning up and puttering about the place. We got lots done, it felt good to wake up a bit early that is if I can keep that up. :)

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely colour of pink on the mushrooms. I am looking forward to farmers markets in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for inspiring me to buy local P.K, it feels good to support our local community every way we can!

    ReplyDelete