Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunny Blanket

The couch blanket I started in mid June is now finished! Despite the warm summer weather we had this year, it did not stop me from forging ahead one stitch at a time, piecing together one block at a time until 24 squares were crocheted into one big blanket. I did run out of yarn, fortunately the store had some in stock from a different dye lot. See the lighter yellow in the bottom left? The trim was also finished off in this paler shade. Nevertheless this sunny blanket in 100% soft wool conjured up all kinds of warm thoughts as we snuggled on the love seat.

Wishing everyone a Happy Halloween!!
P.S. I also made the cushions pictured above!

5 comments:

  1. That is a sunny and cosy blanket and with the colourful cushions create a cheery place to rest on a blustery grey day. It is quite cold here, and I am only now contemplating beginning a knitted throw project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi P.K.: This blanket has been on my mind for the last couple of winters, it gets so cold here. My big push was finding the reasonably priced yellow yarn that was also very inspiring. If you have a knit throw idea in mind, do start! You won't regret it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inviting corner indeed. Let me wish you many cozy wintery moments in the warmth of home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks, good! And difficult to make..

    ReplyDelete