Sunday, November 28, 2010

My First Book Her Beef Stew has arrived!!

Remember the book I was working on earlier this year? The printed version has finally arrived! Presenting my first children's book, Her Beef Stew, a collaboration between myself and Professer Klunk, a writer from Clearwater B.C. It's a tale about a little girl and her cooking adventure with a dish she's making. It's a poem and it rhymes.

It all started off with his business card which a friend picked up at a craft show. This soon led to a selection of stories, and a series of sketches, but the first drawing that sparked the rest is the cover pictured below. A few more refinements and the pencil outline of each drawing was traced onto watercolor paper and colors painted in with acrylics, one color at a time. Overall the whole process took a total of 3 months when a total of 14 illustrations were completed.

Following the cover are shots of some of the pages from the book. Bright happy colors, facial expressions and vegetables are the big focus here. I enjoyed working on the story very much and am very pleased with the results. Illustrating for a children's book is one of my lifelong dreams, I chose Her Beef Stew because I like the story and I think it's a good one for boys and girls, ages 2 to 8. The book size is 8" x 8" or 20 cm x 20 cm.

Do you like the story as much as I do? Would you like to help me out by purchasing my book? I can ship anywhere in the world, click here to order!

Update March 2012: Thank you so much for all your support, it is much appreciated I am deeply grateful, but there are no more books for sale.






6 comments:

  1. Looks nice, Novi! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! The colours are joyful and bright. Great illustrations. You must be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! A great looking book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! The book looks really cute. Great job on the illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to add, I just bought your book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nui, P.K. and Kate: Thank you so much for your feedback on my work!!! I appreciate this very much.

    kawaii crafter: Thank you for your lovely comments! Thanks so much for supporting my work. :)

    ReplyDelete