Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Making Tuesday: A Trio of Necklaces

Hello this grey and humid Tuesday! As promised from last week's post more necklaces will be shared today. The first a muted blue grey dotted with golden resin, orange coral and turquoise. Pale green fluorite and soft lavender ceramic beads were added to tone down the colorful mix, the odd Swarovski crystal gave a bit of sparkle. Also incorporated were seed beads of neon pink, tossed in for a bit of fiery but cheerful surprise, the result a variation of colors and shapes throughout this piece.

The second necklace a much deeper coloration than the first, its hues of dark greens and blues reminiscent of peacock feathers. I could not get enough of the Swarovski crystals thus included were twinkling amethyst, emerald and deep grey sapphire. To warm up the cool tones, rich earthy jasper and amber resin were mixed in, this simple neckpiece went well with a lot of my darker t-shirts.

The last necklace started off with a focal crystal tear drop. I wanted to make something completely different, somehow this led to silver bugles paired with lapis lazuli, more crystals and more seed beads in neon shades of various kinds. I just think the end product reminded me of the eighties.






2 comments:

  1. You have to now remember to wear these pretty necklaces also! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wearing them Minami! The pale grey one felt so good when I wore it to the beach one sunny day, the darker one looked strong and mysterious when I wore it to the mall. The only one I haven't worn is the light silver one...

      Delete