Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Making Wednesday: Of Land and Sea

And Stone and Shell. My latest watercolor adventure, just 2 small pieces of memories collected from a past visit to the beach, the colors in the painting are more vibrant than the real objects. I had fun choosing the shades but the final detail was in the dots, which were at first plain brown tones, then afterwards painted over in orange and greenish blue in some parts.

It is very gray and wet here, and has been for the past few days. On some days the wind blew so hard I don't think there are any leaves left on the trees. I am missing the sunny days at the beach. Painting size 5" x 6.5" or 12 cm x 16 cm.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my watercolor posts. I hope there is warmth and sunshine wherever you are. XOXO



1 comment:

  1. Your watercolours are lovely. It has been some time since I used my paints.
    I am inspired, thank you.

    ReplyDelete