Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Making Wednesday: Three Gerberas

A painting of daisies created from a pencil drawing I did in 2003. It's hard to believe that was 10 years ago, for the memory of how I stumbled upon those lovely Gerbera daisies was as fresh as if it'd happened yesterday. "Four for a dollar" the sign wrote and I said to myself if they were still there on my way home I was to buy them.

It began with a light pencil outline on Opus Finest Watercolor Paper, later a more permanent drawing with cobalt ink, thicker lines were added, followed by some watercolor paints. Of course I had to use some Da Vinci Quinacridone colours, the shades are simply divine.

A simple mat followed by a clean frame and the painting is complete, hung next to one of my earlier acrylics, Colors of Love, it is a welcome addition to our bedroom. Painting size is 8" x 10".




No comments:

Post a Comment