Monday, September 9, 2013

Making Monday: Distant Forest

Greetings Monday! Yesterday the weather forecasted clear skies and warm temperatures, so off I went with J to my first plein air challenge, destination Crab Park. A few points of interests caught our eyes, but the perfect spot was under a tree. Rocks served as tables for palettes and paints, it was not long before the brushes began to color away, J's medium was acrylics, mine was watercolors.

Below my rendition of a distant forest, Google maps revealed the scene to be Stanley Park. Even from that great distance I noticed the leaves were changing in colors, is it September already? It was quite challenging painting outdoors, thankfully the lighting stayed quite constant for this particular subject but there were lots of distractions, people talking and walking by, the noise from the working harbor nearby. Despite it all I quite enjoyed the experience. Painting size is 5" x 7".



No comments:

Post a Comment