Thursday, September 12, 2013

Making Thursday: Garden Willow

A continuation of my Sunday's plein air challenge with J! It was exciting to finally be painting outdoors but after a couple of hours our tummies began to call out for food. A suggestion for some buns at New Town Bakery was well received by all so off our feet went to nearby Chinatown. We wolfed down the soft and delicious bread at Dr Sun Yat Sen Garden and decided we would paint there as well.

The time was 4:15 PM. "How fast can you paint?" I asked J and a mad frenzy of brushes dipping into paints and color mixing followed. It was rather nerve wrecking painting so hysterically like there was no tomorrow, we definitely would like to finish in time before the gate closes at 5:30 PM. The garden willow below was completed just after 5. Whoa! I don't know if I can paint like that again, I'm not sure if I like that hurried pace at all!! Nevertheless, on closer look, the setting sun caught shining through the leaves was captured in its golden hour, and despite the lack of details the result was pleasant somehow. Painting size is 5" x 7".







No comments:

Post a Comment