Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Happy Bug

The happy bug danced about under the sunshine
every morning, greeting me with an ambiguous
expression, a smile with straight lips if I
can call it that, I think it's hilarious. Made of
fused glass he is my most recent creation with
the help of a very patient teacher Susan at
The Paint Escape. The initial promise of time
required to create a glass bug was tripled
due to my need to work out the colors, not
just the head and wings but also the little
details that would make this bug my very
own. It took a total of 3.5 hours if you can
believe, David stayed by my side to help as
a sounding board and help he did! The orange
and the red lines to distinguish the head and the
wings were his idea. My favorite part were the
amazonite beads added to the ends of the
antennas. Hello Bug! Good morning to you!!






No comments:

Post a Comment